Wednesday, May 19, 2010

sunny days

Today is a beautiful sunny day, and our spirits rise to that occasion. Last week when it rained all the time (didn't it?), many people talked about how they were longing for sun and trying not to be down in the dumps because of the clouds.

I work in an office with no windows, so as far as I'm concerned, every day can be a sunny day. Since I can't see out, I try to assume that the sun is shining. It's a choice I make.

In our lives, we get to choose every day - not whether or not the physical sun is out, but if our dispositions will reflect sunshine to ourselves and others. Our attitude toward each day is always a choice. If the day is bright or gloomy, we can still keep a positive outlook.

Spiritual communities help us do the work that it takes to focus on the positives no matter what life brings. We are a gift to each other as we remind one another to look for blessings and assume the best. I hope you do that for someone today, and someone returns the favor to you.

1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly!! I try to wear a smile every day - it's amazing how much better you feel.

    ReplyDelete